Status Bars & Effects
Watch the bars. Or die too fast..
Status bar changes happen AFTER potential tick-events.
WARNING. The shown values, even those upon hoovering, are rounded!
There are five different values that each player must maintain to stay alive in the world of zombvival.
Potentially the most important stat, used by/for:
The energy bar is affected by a lot of factors!
There is nothing wrong with going to bed, especially if you are guarded by high defence
-this includes other players standing watch in multiplayer.
With a bit of luck, you may get random events giving you extra energy. If an event occurred you will receive one of the followings messages:
!WARNING!: These are translated from the German wiki, the ingame text may be slightly different.
- "You had a beautiful dream. This has given you some extra energy."
- "You have just found the answer to a zen riddle you have been struggling with for years. This has given you some extra energy."
- "You have found the perfect sleeping position. Because you are lying so comfortable now you have received an energy boost."
- "You have found an old cinema ticket from a movie you have watched with your friends in your trousers. These lovely memory has given you an energy boost."
- "A shooting star! You have never seen such a beautiful one/You will never see such a beautiful one again. This beautiful sight gives you hope and a great energy boost."
Fatigue and energy are not the same and should not be mistaken for each other.
- Fatigue decreases all the time, unless you are sleeping or reading.
- You may only go to sleep if is less than 85
- If is greater than 90 Energy regeneration is decreased
- Reaching 100 wakes you up
- regenerates faster when your energy is high
- is very important to finding items. Your chances of finding items is drastically lowered with lower
- Can also be increased by using items such as the Cold Coffe, the Hot Coffe and the Modified Massage Stick(not advisable).
- Can also be decrased by taking Box of Paralaxium
- Natural health regeneration is based on Hunger/Thirst.
- Sleeping greatly increases the amount of health regen, depending on the level of bed upgrade.
- Health can be greatly affected by using various objects
- If your health reaches 0, surprisingly, you die.
- Hunger has an increasing/decreasing effect on other status bars.
- 50 hunger has no effect.
- More than 50 increases energy/health regen
- Less than 50 will start to drain hp.
- Thirst has the same effects as hunger, but doubled.
Alcohol grants no benefits, but:
- Increases energy usage in combat
- Gives a chance of hurting yourself while traveling
- Decreases item finding chances
Drunkenness may be caused by other causes than alcohol, such as medication.
- When you have and statuses, no penalties affect you.
- Drug frenzy sooner or later will go off, but Addicted will stay and then you will get withdrawal status with enormous penalties to , unless you take another drug.
- If you manage to survive with Withdrawal, it will go off in 3 Days (864 Ticks).
Radiation may be achieved by being at the nuclear power plant, or "eating" dalad jelly..
Decreases by itself, but very slowly (-.25/turn!).
Radiation lowers energy/fatigue/health regeneration, and at higher values will start to do damage to the player. Radiation at above 75 can be very dangerous if the player does not have any medication to take regularly.
- A zombie infection results by eating a Torn Zombie (+10 infection value) and in multiplayer-games from infected bite wounds (+5 infection value).
- The infection progresses exponentially → +0.01, +0.02, +0.03, +0.04 ...etc. /tick - The more infected you are, the faster the infection value increases.
- An infection can be cured ONLY with → Medical Substance H9CE42-D
- If the infection value of a player is above 50, they turn into a zombie after death. The manner of death is irrelevant.
- A zombified player will attack other players.
- They must be killed in combat to drop their items.
- Although a zombiefied character remains after his death in the game, the player corresponding to the death screen appears - so he can not control his character, nor see his status or whereabouts.
- In a fight against a zombified character, they will not use weapons or armor that they had equipped.
- Zombified characters strength is based upon how high their infection value was at time of death.
- Zombified characters will never be in a group with normal zombies during combat.
A normal character may carry 100 weight, others may carry more.
Different time period during the day affects different parts of the game.
Morning (06:00 to 10:00)
"The early bird always catches the worm (but the second mouse gets the cheese)! This time of the day, coffee is magically more effective. Also, since it's not that hot outside yet, upgrading your hideout will require less energy."
Day (10:00 to 18:00)
"The sun burns mercyless. You'd better avoid running around in the open, since that will increase your water consumption. In addition to costing energy, long marches through the wasteland will make you thirsty."
- the amount of alcohol from drinks is reduced by 25%
Night (22:00 to 6:00)
"The moon has risen high on the sky, and the world is immeresed in darkness. Zombies have bad eyes, so escaping them will be easier. Unfortunately, you will hardly find any items without a flashlight..."
Each player value (the five bars at the top) has two factors: increase and decrease. BOTH of these factors can be changed by items or other effects.
- For example in the table below: Withdrawal has -60% Growth, and +10% consumption for energy.
- This means that anything that gives you energy will give you 60% less
- This also means that anything that drains energy drains 10% more.
|Indicator/RP. Shows for example in Hardcore the time till the first week is completed.|
|(/200) - 0.75||
|-0.15||-0.25|| Calculated based on all other bars.|
And yes, you read that right. Metabolism increases or decreases your health gain based on current HP. You gain health faster the more HP you have.
|-50%||50% reduced Hunger by eating:|
|-(-50)/300|| decreases by 0,83? per Tick. |
Health-decrement: Rounding errors?. May not be positive.
Home Sweet Home
|-20%||-30%||Only at hideout.|
Sleep (Sleeping Corner)
Sleep (Cozy Bed)
Sleep (Kingsize Bed)
|-100%||Forbids sleeping and other activities that cause 'excited'.|
|+30%|| Only at "outside" areas during daytime (10:00 to 18:00).
|Traveling costs ~1.5*, if Weight is 90% or higher.|
| Time: 5 Min. each bite wound, additive
|-0.3||-1.2||Without bandages potentially fatal.|
|-60%||+10%||-200%||-30%||+100%||Lasts 3 full Ingame days|
|Makes you start random figths with strange creatures that have suggesting names (like Genital Monster) and probally waste a sh*t ton of energy and ammo, they don't do any damage on the other side.|
|- in %||+ in %||- ÷ 100|| decreases by 0,25 per Tick.|
The percentage at Increment of health may not be positive.
|- in %||- in %||- in %||- in %||+ in %||- in %|| Infection affects almost everything. Example:
|Buff only active during the night or at poorly lit locations.|
|You only may wait till finished/abort (loss of progress!) . Forbids EVERY activity. Only Last Scout.|